Neutron Detection Solutions
NeuPortTM and NeuTruckTM solutions provide a cost effective plug-and-play replacement to He-3 for portal and vehicle mounted monitors. These are 6LiF/ZnS(Ag) based flat packaged neutron sensitive detectors contained in high density polyethylene moderator enclosure. Neutrons are captured by the 6Li and the reaction products excite emission from the ZnS(Ag) scintillator which in turn is absorbed in an adjacent ribbon of wavelength shifting fiber.
Proprietary Pulse Shape Discrimination (PSD) algorithm is employed to count neutrons and reject gamma ray events.
- Replaces He-3 systems without modification of existing electronics or significant changes in voltage
- Provides performance that meets or exceeds ANSI standards
- Contains no hazardous materials and does not require secondary containment
- Full electronics with pulse shape discrimination (PSD) algorithms
- Gain stabilization
- Cables and connectors (customizable)
- NeuPort 2800: Neutron efficiency ≥ 2.8 cps/ng, Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
- NeuPort 2500: Neutron efficiency ≥ 2.5 cps/ng, Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
- NeuTruck 1600: Neutron efficiency ≥ 1.6 cps/ng, Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
Note: Neutron efficiency is measured with 252Cf moderated source @ 2 meters from the center