CLASS® Sapphire Sheets
CLASS225® and CLASS300® Sapphire Sheets are the world's largest sapphire sheets available.
CLASS® sapphire sheets range in sizes up to 9” wide x 26” long (228 x 660mm) and 12” wide x 20” long (304 x 508mm). Contact us for availability of larger sizes.
CLASS® sapphire sheets are manufactured using EFG™ technology, a process that grows single crystal sapphire to near-net shapes, thus reducing post-growth processing.
Sapphire is a high strength, durable, scratch resistant transparent material which is available in production volumes for large Aerospace optical windows, including Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) and laser range finding systems. In addition, CLASS® sapphire has been used in a sapphire transparent armor system that achieves a 50% lighter and 50% thinner system than a glass-only system with the equivalent ballistic performance.
(HPD CVD, PECVD, Dry Etch, Wet Etch)
- Viewports and sight windows
- End effectors
- Gas diffusion plates
- Focus rings
- Shower heads
- Forward-Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) windows
- Electro-Optic (EO) windows
- Laser designator / range-finder windows
- Infrared windows for spectroscopic analysis
- Optical sensors for industrial processes
- Mail sorting optical scanner windows
- Heat/smoke detection windows
- Single (Al2O3) crystal, highest purity possible, no grain boundaries
- Minimal to no particle contamination
- High melting point, 2053oC
- Hardness next to diamond on Mohs Scale of Hardness: extremely scratch-resistant
- Chemically inert (non-reactive in most process environments)
- Superior rigidity (435 Gpa, 6x stiffer than quartz)
- Transparent - transmits UV - visible - IR wavelengths
- Can be made in complex shapes