BC-501A and BC-519 are liquid scintillators intended for applications involving neutron detection in the presence of gamma radiation.
BC-501A is the most popular and is formulated to yield excellent PSD properties for neutron-gamma discrimination
BC-519 is mineral-oil-based and also exhibits excellent PSD properties. This liquid is mainly intended for use in large volumes and is therefore formulated to have an especially high flash point for safety purposes.
- BC-501A: γ >100 keV, fast n spectrometry
- BC-519: γ, fast n; n-γ discrimination
- Bulk: 1 Liter, 1 gallon (3.8 liter), 5 gallon (19 liter), 25 gallon (95 liter) and 55 gallon quantities.
- MAB or MVB metal cells with typical 1"x1", 2"x2", 3"x3" & 5" diameters x 5" depth
- VB-1, TPB-1, HB-1 glass cells: 1.5"x1.5", 2"x2" and 3" diameter x 3" depth
|Light Output, %Anthracene||78||80||60|
|Wavelength of Maximum Emission, nm||425||425||425|
|Decay Time, short component, ns||3.2||3.3||4|
|No. of H Atoms per cc (x1022)||4.82||5.25||6.62|
|No. of C Atoms per cc (x1022)||3.98||4.08||3.83|
|Ratio H:C Atoms||1.212||1.287||1.728|
|No. of Electrons per cc (x1023)||2.87||2.97||2.96|